Thursday 25 December 2014

Christmas time is here - How to craft some quirky Christmas cards


Merry Christmas everybody! I hope you have a lovely time with your loved ones - 
enjoying being together, enjoying a lovely decorated house, lovely food and well thought out presents.

I had to do some major Christmas shopping to do before Christmas Eve, that’s why I’m running a little late with this blog post.

While we’re talking about Christmas shopping, do you find it hard to be all secretive about the good things you just bought? When I buy a present, I want to give it to the concerned person right away. “Last Minute” Christmas shopping is definitely the right for me; otherwise I wouldn’t be able to cope with all the suspense.


I want to show you how I made my handcrafted Christmas cards this year. I definitely needed a quick crafty fix to make me feel Christmassy for the time leading up to Christmas.

As you can see again, I can't help going for bright colours. With six hours of daylight, I don't feel like the traditional dark green and Santa red. I need something more quirky and fun.  


You need:
- Cards and envelopes made from recycled paper
- Burlap like fabric
- Felt scraps 
- Pritt stick 
- Scissor

How to do it:
1.     Cut out lots of little dots out of the felt scraps.
2.     Then cut out the Christmas tree out of the burlap like fabric. It helps folding the fabric in the middle when cutting to make both sides of the tree similar looking.
3.     Glue the tree shaped fabric onto the card using a Pritt stick. Don’t use fluid glue as it will make the card go wrinkly.
4.     Then start arranging the different coloured felt dots onto the Christmas tree and glue them on with the Pritt stick. Different colours set a different tone as you can see in the below example. 


If you have an idea on a quick crafty Christmas project you want to share, post the link and I have a visit! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post. I hope you have a lovely day!

Google Analytics Alternative