Saturday 31 August 2013

Bunting with felt vegetables applications - Part 1

Again, it starts with one of my sketches. This time I am inspired to a make a bunting for my boyfriend who is into gardening and of course, into barbequing. He's about to build a barbeque by himself with bricks. I will post a picture when it's built.
But back to where I started. So, harvest is getting closer. And every good barbeque to celebrate the end of summer needs some decorating.

Wiedermal beginnt es mit einen von meinen Skizzen. Dieses Mal möchte ich Fähnchen für meinen Freund machen, der Hobbygärtner ist und, wie sollte es auch anders sein, liebt er es zu Grillen. Er ist gerade dabei selbst einen Grill aus Backsteinen zu bauen. Sobald er fertig ist, werde ich von dem Grill ein Foto posten. 

Zurück zu dem Thema, mit dem ich angefangen habe. Die Erntezeit rückt näher. Und jedes gute Grillfest, um das Ende eines Sommers zu feiern, braucht etwas Dekoration. 




I decided to make the bunting with plain brown fabric (which looks a little bit like burlap) and create the vegetable applications from felt. I will show you more of the felting process in the next post. 

Ich habe mich entschieden, die Fähnchen aus braunem Stoff (der ein bisschen wie Sackleinen aussieht) zu machen und die Gemüse Applikationen aus Filz. Ich werde in der nächsten Post mehr über den Filzprozess schreiben und zeigen. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog post. I hope you have a lovely day!

Google Analytics Alternative